BOB MARLEY’S AWARDS
A short (about 20 years) but what an incredible career?
Bob Marley’s Awards
Some of many awards Won by Bob Marley.
OM (Order of Merit) (February 6, 1945 – May 11, 1981) better known as Bob Marley, was a Jamaican singer, guitarist, songwriter and activist. He is the most widely known reggae musician of all time, famous for popularizing the genre outside of Jamaica. Much of his work deals with the struggles of the impoverished and/or powerless. Bob Marley is also renowned for the way in which he spread faith through his music.
Some of many awards Won by Bob Marley
- 1976 – Band of the Year (Rolling Stone)
- June 1978 – Awarded the Peace Medal of the Third World from the United Nations
- February 1981 – Awarded Jamaica’s third highest honor, the Jamaican Order of Merit
- 1999 – Album of the Century (Time Magazine) for Exodus)
- February 2001 – A star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- February 2001 – Awarded Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award
Bob Marley’s music and legend have gone from strength to strength in the years since his early death and continue to produce a huge stream of revenue for his estate, while also bringing him a nearly mythic status in music history. He remains enormously popular and well known all over the world, and particularly so in Africa. In 1993, Marley was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Time magazine chose Marley and the Wailers’ album “Exodus” as the greatest album of the 20th century.
Some of the many awards won by Bob Marley currently at Nine Miles, St. Ann, Jamaica.